Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Yum.

For a while now, I've been looking around at a site called del.icio.us and have run across many things online that I otherwise wouldn't have. I had just been using the site as more of a spectator to see what other people are bookmarking for a given subject. That, in itself is pretty handy. For some reason, though, I never went to the trouble of figuring out how to make my own bookmarks until today.

It really is handy, though. I just decided to start using my account and bookmarked a handful of websites. Now I have a list of bookmarks on a server that I can access from any computer (or my cell phone.) In addition, I can also see who else bookmarked those sites and check out their bookmarks- the assumption being that we have a common interest and would be interested in similar websites. Likewise, others can see my bookmarks. It's a little creepy to have others looking through my bookmarks, in a way, but I don't really see the harm in it. The process of sharing knowledge and experience is mutually beneficial and seems to make it worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home