Thursday, June 02, 2005

Back in the Saddle

After a brief day off to rest my legs and let my saddle sores heal, I'm back on the bike. Today was as easy as Tuesday. I reached work feeling refreshed and energetic. I sent off a quick email to my wife from my phone when I arrived at work, only to receive an "Out of Office" reply moments later. I got a bit of a grin as I realized that I had left after her and arrived at work before her. It's not really that big an accomplishment, though, since she goes twice the distance I do.

As I approached the front door, I realized that the boss had not come in yet. this means That the front door would still be locked. I wish I'd had a camera to capture all of the incredulous stares as I walked through the factory wearing my bike gear with my bike tucked under my arm, the seat hooked over my shoulder. Strangely, that look seems to be the norm, even out on the street. Riding through neighborhoods, people will stop what they are doing and stare at the guy riding the strange two wheeled thing with no motor. It's as if I were riding a giraffe. It makes me feel like some kind of crazy radical. It's kind of cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home