Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Off to Work

From the "What was I Thinking" file comes today's trip to work. Yesterday, I had a good ride to work and home. I felt great and was brimming with energy. Sometimes I don't know when to draw the line, though. At the Gym where my wife and I are members, spinning classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Who cares that I already rode to and from work and that I'm not really used to long distances anymore. I felt great. That was until the first sprint. My legs suddenly started to feel like I was wearing weighted kneepads and work boots. I suffered through the hour long class and started looking for an excuse not to ride to work in the morning.

Well, morning came. It was a gloomy, overcast morning. The kind where it looks like it could start showering down a cold, clammy drizzle at any time. There was no rain in the forecast, but it was enough of an excuse for me (that and my stiff, rubbery feeling legs.) Tomorrow is another day. Another spinning class too. We'll see how it goes.

2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger malfunction54 said...

that's hardcore, man. I'd have a hard enough time doing one or the other, but I do believe both would kill me.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Cafn8 said...

I'm tired of being a poseur with a big rooftop bike carrier on my car. It's time to start being a biker (well, cyclist actually) again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home