Wednesday, June 15, 2005

How Much is Too Much?


How Much is Too Much?
Originally uploaded by cafn8.
I've been grilling out a bit lately, and I've noticed that some times I get funny looks from neighbors when I start putting the lighter fluid on. Once or twice they even went inside to escape the fabulous two foot plumes of flame rising up from my grill after the initial light up. I began to wonder if I might just be putting on a bit more fluid than is prudent. I began easing back on the juice.



It seems like my moderation might be causing more problems than it solves, though. There is nothing worse than waiting in vain for the flames to rise up them concluding that the coals have died. It also seems less than ideal to re-apply fluid to smoldering coals to give them an extra kick. Soaking the coals and giving them a good hot start has never failed me. I'm wondering if maybe too much is just about right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home