Thursday, April 06, 2006

Am I Spoiled?

I, like millions of others worldwide, spend my days staring at a computer screen. I'm lucky enough to have a nice big, clear flat panel monitor. It's kind of necessary for me to see what I'm looking at, though, since I spend a lot of time using CAD and other graphic applications.
Yesterday, I used another computer for a few minutes and could not believe the effect it had. The moment I nudged the mouse and the CRT screen blinked to life my eyes immediately felt the strain. Within seconds I felt a headache coming on. It was like staring into a strobe light. A check of the display properties showed 60hz. Sure, it's low, but I don't remember being that sensitive to the flickering. It's hard to imagine that someone else stares at that box all day long sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home