Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bike Lust

The transformation of my twenty year old sport bike to a sensible commuter machine has begun. It is now sporting a dapper new shiny black set of Freddie Fenders to keep the splashes down. My first thought was "yeah, that will work." Then I found myself compulsively wiping smudges and fingerprints from the glossy new fenders. With those clean, I found myself powerless to stop picking up a cloth to clean the years of crud from the black metal-flake paint on the frame, now very dull by comparison. Next, still unable to stop myself, I saw my own hands reaching for the wax and carefully applying a nice coat from front to back. As much as I love my mountain bikes, I have never felt drawn to fuss over them in this way. I guess road bikes are just sexier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home