Friday, January 06, 2006

No, I Meant..

I know, I haven't been posting. There's been so much happening lately, that I haven't had time to post on any of it.

Lately, I've had a growing interest in human powered vehicles, also referred to as velomobiles or HPV's. They are an idea which hasn't really caught on, I guess. Most are recumcent bikes or trikes with some form of aerodynamic shell, which tends to make them pretty fast, as bikes (or trikes) go. Imagine a kayak with wheels. In the interest of finding out a little more about them, I went to Yahoo groups and did a search in the groups for HPV, having come up a little lean when searching for "velomobile". "Jackpot!" I thought as I saw that there were over 300 groups with HPV in their descriptions. Joy quickly turned to discomfort, however, as I realized that practically all of the groups had something to do with herpes. As it turns out, HPV also stands for "human papillomavirus." Heh. Reminds me of when a friend did a google search at work for "swing dancing" and wound up with some unsavory links. Time for some new search terms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home