Saturday, November 19, 2005

Gassy Days are Here Again

It was a milestone occasion yesterday as I made my way home from work. At the Delta Station in Rutherford, they were actually selling gas for less than $2 per gallon ($1.999 to be exact.) I can't say how long it's been since I saw gas below 2 bucks per gallon. Granted, this price is not typical for the area. I have, in fact, sworn off of buying gas there, as the one time I succumbed to the siren song of cheap gas and braved the blaring Middle Eastern music to have my tank filled there, I was unable to pull smoothly from a stand-still for over a week until I refilled elsewhere. Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe not, but I digress.

Although one won't likely find sub-2-dollar gas in very many places, prices do seem to be coming down, which is very good. After all, the station where I buy, which seems to have satisfactory quality gas was also down to $2.11. Not too shabby. I still miss riding my bike to work, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home