Monday, October 04, 2004

Buried Treasure

Buried Treasure

The house I live in was owned by an old electrical engineer. He seems to have been a grade "A" do-it-yourselfer. On top of that, he never married and therefore had nobody to demand that he clean out the basement. Since we agreed to take this old house with the basement in its present state, we inherited a lot of trash (for example, the 5 gallon bucket full of concrete- cured in the bucket). We also got a lot of useful stuff. For example, when I went down to the basement to find an extension cord (which I later found), I found a timing light. That's the way it's bed since we moved in. For every piece of junk I find, there are it least a couple of useful things. I never buy anything without checking the basement first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home