Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Jackals Championship- Games 4 and 5

OK, so I admit that I got lazy. As Exciting as Sunday's game was (game 4) I didn't get around to posting on it. In case you're wondering how things played out, it was another come-from-behind 4-2 victory for the New Jersey Jackals In extra innings (this time only 11.) I'd like to thank Nokia and my cell provider for enabling me to listen to the webcast while cooking on the grill in the back yard. That phone may be getting old and ratty, but it still never ceases to amaze me. By the end of the game I had run out of nails to bite.

Game 5 started with the Jackals coming out to an early lead, widening that lead to 4-1 as the game progressed, then nearly letting the lead slip as the North Shore Spirit narrowed the score to 4-3. Late in the game, the Jackals scored another run for extra insurance then held North Shore off for a final score of 5-3. The Jackals are the 2004 Northeast League Champions after losing the first two games in a best of three series.

It was quite a series. Every one of the five games was extremely close and could easily have gone to either team. The widest margin was the 7-4 Jackals victory in game three, and even that game was tied 4-4 until the 13th inning. It's been one exciting time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home