Tuesday, September 28, 2004

21st Century Digital Sanford

21st Century Digital Sanford

Some of the spam messages I get have the title "Free Computer. Find Out How." Why would I bother? All but one of my computers were free anyway.

Several days ago, I got a phone call from my sister-in-law. Someone was giving her an old computer and all she needed was a monitor. Apparently I have a reputation as a trash picker, though deservedly so since I did indeed have a spare (and functional) monitor. So for the price of $0 she has a computer to browse the web, keep her resume updated and play a few games of solitaire on. Those tasks don't take much computing power. Most discarded computers can do that with a fresh OS install. Some even without.

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger malfunction54 said...

you and me both, brother. In fact, back in my LU days, some of my coworkers actually used to call me Fred Sanford. At which point, I'd put on my best "sanford" voice and proclaim, "I'm comin' home 'lizabeth".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home