Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Reaping Benefits

I haven't been blogging too much about biking to work lately. There actually was a period of a few weeks when the weather was so hot and/or rainy that I didn't ride at all. Lately, though, I've been back at it, usually 2 or 3 times per week.

Usually, when talking about why I ride my bike to work I mention how it makes me feel good, eases stress and gives me more energy. Today, however, I stayed home from work due to a sinus infection. It's not the first I've had. In fact, I used to get them every 3 months, so I'm very familiar with how they feel. However, I went to the doctor anyway, with the hope of getting something to shorten the suffering. Well, to make a long story short, (oops, too late?) I found that my blood pressure had gone down by over 20 percent since I started biking. Where I had a borderline high blood pressure, I now have quite normal, safe blood pressure. Neat.

3 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger malfunction54 said...

yo, dude. you're getting blogspam. Great to hear about you lowering your blood pressure. Yet another reason for lazy-ass americans to get up off our duffs and do something. Hope you kick the sinus infection soon. I used to get them all the time, too :(

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Cafn8 said...

Yeah, that blogspam is annoying. Hopefully my settings will prevent any more of it.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to tell you that I could not agree with you more. I can't ride to work as it is a 45 mile commute each way, but the working out at lunch I have started in the last couple weeks is really great. I plan to keep it up for a while. You forget what good feels like until you are in shape. Write if you have a chance. Hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home