Monday, March 28, 2005

Mobility

Anyone close to me will tell you that I'm obsessed with being connected. My email comes directly to my phone, which also has an RSS reader, an IM client and a light version of Opera that does a pretty good job of browsing given the limited screen size, memory and speed. You might say I have a problem. Yes, I'm a little obsessed. Well, another problem is that when I have access to a computer I don't necessarily want to still use my cell phone to connect, and I don't necessarily have quick access to bookmarks email settings etc. on these other machines (nor do I want to leave potentially sensitive info on strange machines.) The solution I have found is certainly nothing new, but it might allow me to expand my connectedness OCD to computers other than my own. I'm talking about programs that reside on keychain drives. I just installed Firefox Portable to my little drive. Now my bookmarks, cookies and history all come right along with me and leave when I leave. I think I might just try one of the available email clients which can reside on a keychain drive. Hmm, then maybe an IM client. Ooh and, oh dear, I think this is going to turn into an exercise in self control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home