Friday, March 25, 2005

Land Lines

OK, so I admit it. As much of a blow to my geek cred as it is, I'm still connecting my computer at home via a modem. What can I say? We can't get DSL in my neighborhood and it saves us about 30 bucks per month compared to cable (which we also don't have for the TV, which we rarely watch.) That being said, I didn't know how right I was when I said if I couldn't post to my blog from my phone it probably wouldn't happen. It turns out that our line has been so noisy the past few days that we're seeing speeds about 1/3 of where they should be. Ugh. It reminds me of browsing over a 14.4 modem back in the day, only this time the websites are built for higher bandwidths. Oh, the horror. It's actually faster browsing on my old Nokia using Opera and a GPRS connection. Unfortunately they won't be out to fix the line until Monday. Good grief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home