Friday, August 13, 2004

Coffee

You know, ever since we got back from the honeymoon we've been drinking fancy coffee that we picked up in New Orleans. In the past I would just get the jumbo can from CostCo and just use that. I just used the same amount every morning and never really had to figure out proportions. With all of these different types of coffee, however, I've started reading instructions since some use more or less coffee for a given amount of water. They do have one thing in common, though. Like the coffee pots, they measure a cup of coffee as 6oz. Why? I certainly don't use a cup that small. Most mugs are not that small. A real "cup" is 8oz. The only place I've had a cup of coffee that looks close to 6oz is in a fancy restaurant. That stinks. There's so little mass in a 6oz cup that it's cold in about 30 seconds (that's if you try to savor it and it actually lasts that long.) I say just bring me the 20oz latte mug and a bowl of sugar. Fill my cup and leave of alone to enjoy my coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home