Friday, July 30, 2004

You'll catch more flies with soap

I have an interesting discovery that I'd just like to share. The past day or two, we've had an outbreak of fruit flies which we can't seem to get rid of. Yesterday morning before work we put the rice cooker's bowl in the sink to clean later. Realizing, as I was getting ready for work, that I didn't have time to clean it, I filled it with nice hot soapy water to make sure our uninvited guests didn't get a free meal. The foam head on it was about 4-6 inches high. When I got home from work I found over 20 little fruit flies stuck in the soap bubbles. I guess it's true. Nobody can resist a warm bubble bath.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger malfunction54 said...

Haha! Drosophila Melanogaster? Maybe there are dead fruits tucked away in various nooks in your house?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home